Saturday, November 14, 2015

Packing list for Hawaii

1.) Teva: Great hiking shoes (I bought both the Hurricane and the Original for the prices of less than the original one I bought back in college, I included them both below from amazon.  There are many different colors and the price varies based on the size, I got mine for $22.31 - which is some serious savings from $99 and the original for $25)  You can get more savings if you have a discover card or an American express card, you register those and use the points for to pay instead.  Amex has deals that you can save $15 with a $50 purchase.

The Hurricane is more comfortable for super long hikes but not as dainty, the original is more feminine for dresses and not as wide, still very comfortable but not beyond 7 hours as the foot bed has a pattern that will start bothering your feet after 7 hours.  I included a male version as well.




2.) Snorkeling kit (fins not necessary- snorkel and mask will do however, I included the set I bought that comes with a bag to carry your kit and the kit I got for my husband, as it does come in handy for a vacation in the Caribbean, you will need your fins there)  - Here is my rationale, we brought along our fins and we didn't really use it and we struggled a bit making room for them in our luggage (2 pairs of fins are 12-15 lbs), making it room for souvenirs and also save you luggage cost if you were going need to pack 2 luggage instead of one.




3.) Sunscreen with bug repellent - I had mosquitoes marks all over my body after 2 days in Hawaii, going to Waimea Valley and Kualoa Ranch did me in (so I highly recommend getting a bug repellant with SPF, I included the one I bought below.  I found mine at Target nearby).




4.) Patagonia lite bag



5.) Selfie stick - the portable version.  I bought the regular version that has all the attachments separately from  a drugstore for $9.99 and it sucked, the pole constantly rotated if I put my phone on its side to take a portrait picture and every time I had to take the phone off, I had to unscrew the metal phone holder off the pole, then I came across this portable version at Ross so I bought it and it was perfect. It fit well into my Patagonia bag and was all one piece and did not rotate when I put in portrait instead of landscape.  I will include a bad selfie stick below only for comparison purposes so you can see what NOT to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment